Technology & Chemistry
Our product development focus is on matching 1 and 2-component moisture cure formulations with market or specific customer application needs. Typically we are providing cross-linking chemistry that is environmentally friendly with a wide range of adhesion to many substrates, elastomeric, with good to excellent weathering characteristics.
- MS Polymer
Most Seal Bond® products are formulated to provide flexible, or elastomeric, properties upon cure. The ability of our products to flex under various conditions of stress, and/or over a range of environmental conditions, yields extremely high performance.
Seal Bond® products that exhibit elastomeric (versus rigid) properties upon cure, offer all, or some, of the following advantages:
- Compensation of movement due to varying thermal expansion of substrates
- Vibration and sound dampening
- Uniform stress distribution – eliminate localized stress, evident with mechanical fasteners
- High impact resistance
- Compensation for torsion forces
- No drilling, tapping, welding or other damage to component surfaces
- Prevention of contact corrosion
MOISTURE CURE TECHNOLOGY
Many Seal Bond® products are based on polymer technology that reacts (cross-links) when exposed to moisture. The moisture source may be a substrate such as wood or concrete or humidity in the atmosphere.
Some Seal Bond® product users may choose to introduce a controlled source of moisture, such as misting, or utilize a humidity controlled assembly area. Rate of cure is typically dependent upon the specific formula, application, substrate and atmospheric conditions.